Playlist

http://pl.st/p/23696140811

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Here's how we grow rocks in Wentzville

Recently, I decided to fix a spot of grass on the side of my yard that would not grow. I knew there was a rock left underneath the ground that had to be taken out. So, I got the shovel out and decided to dig. And dig, and dig. Eventually, I had to get the pry bar out to start getting this thing out of the ground. About two and a half hours later, I fin ally removed the last piece from the ground. Here's a picture of the final damage:




As you can see, the five gallon bucket is full of rock pieces less then 2 or three inches across. The shovel lying on the hole is a full size garden shovel so you get some perspective on the size of this rock. All those pieces lying on the ground were broken off by me using a sledge hammer.

The moral of the story is that if you move to Wentzville, you get rocks; big ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment