Playlist

http://pl.st/p/23696140811

Friday, February 26, 2016

POST #50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is a cataclysmic, exciting moment in blog history!  I don't mean to suggest this blog is similar in importance to Neil Armstrong's steps on the moon or anything but I think it goes without saying that this blog is one of the pillars that American culture is based on.

By the way, If you haven't watched "Why's James Crying?" by Froggy Fresh on youtube yet, you should.  Its kid friendly and pretty funny.

To start off with tonight, I have the other beer that my friend brought over from AB last week.  The Goose Island Pale Ale.

Brewer:  Goose Island
Beer Name:  Green Line Pale Ale
Beer Style:  Pale Ale?
Price:  It's available for about $7.99 at stores now even though I have the test bottle from AB.

Appearance:  Cloudy, looks like your pee after a long night at the local tavern.

Aroma:  Smells deliciously fruity.

Mouthfeel:  As expected, not much happening here.  Very light and refreshing but not a lot of tingle or anything.  

Taste:  John says hoppy.  I'm getting more citrusy IPA then pale ale for sure.  I think its prettu good but not in a typical pale ale kind of way by any means.  This is a summer beer for sure.  No way I'm drinking this if its under 80 degrees.

Overall Rating:  John says 2.75.  Not his favorite beer.  I'll say a 3.5 but not as a pale ale.  As an IPA. If I'm rating this as a pale ale, I'm saying about a .5.

Next beer is a different style altogether.

Brewer:  Boulevard
Beer Name:  Dark Truth Stout from the smokestack series.
Beer Style:  Stout and this earns the title of Stout.
Price:  About $10 for a 4 pack.

Appearance:  This is going to block out the sun.  If you are worried about skin cancer, just forget the SPF 50 and slop this on for protection.  Chris has visions of windmills when he drinks this.

Aroma:  A bag full of  prunes that have been sitting on the porch in the 98 degree heat.

Mouthfeel:  Very smooth for a stout.  More like a Belgiun beer then a true stout.

Taste:  Crazy strong alcohol on top of fruit flavors- mostly plums.  Chris says a fermented chocolate lava cake.   John says smoky chocolate with a kick.  Kevin says it reminds him of his favorite movie "Chocolat."  Can't get enough Johnny Depp.

Overall rating:  Chris says a 4.5.  John says 4.25.  Kevin says a 4.  I'm going a 3.  Not a fan of the prunes/ plums.

Brewer:  Guiness
Beer Name:  Nitro IPA
Beer Style:  IPA?
Price:  $7 a 6 pack roughly.

Appearance:  Nitro head for sure.  Very clear but a dark color for an IPA.

Aroma:  Slight citrus.  Not much here.

Mouthfeel:  Watered down water.

Taste:  Chris says it tastes slightly better then Hamm's special light.  Slightly.  I think he might be wrong.  This is awful.  John won't even comment.  He's just realized that he still has to drink 5 more of these.

Overall rating:  John says 1.0.  Kevin says 1.0.  Chris says 1.0 also.  Again, I'm going lower.  I'll say .1.  It does have alcohol but I'm not sure how much.  This beer is terrible.  I might not drink if this was the only beer available and that's saying something.

Time to right this ship.  We are on a bad roll.  We need something good.  Here we go.

Brewer:  Ommegang
Beer Name:  Iron Throne Blonde Ale
Beer Style:  Blond Ale
Price:  About $10 for a pint bottle.

OK.  I'm switching gears and going with a proven brewer; Ommegang from New York.  And I have high hopes for this one.

Appearance:  Nice and blonde.  Clear.  Exactly what you would expect.  Chris says slightly opaque.

Aroma:  I think I smell peaches but it could be any fruit.  Definitely a belgiuny bouquet.  Kevin says it reminds him of a Glade plug-in.

Mouthfeel:  Slightly tingly; very light as you would expect.

Taste:  Tastes like a well-made belgiun blonde ale.  Very fruity and sour with a definite belgiun twang at the end.  Nice and light.  Kevin says it tastes like a Bud Light with a shot of the Glade plugin liquid dropped in.

Overall Rating:  Chris says 1.5/  Kevin says 3.5; 2.5 plus one extra for the label.  John says 3.1.  I'm going a 3.5 also but the label isn't playing into it.  I think it was good.  A fairly complex blonde ale. I'm a fan and may pick this one up again.  This would hit the spot pool side.

OK.  We are going to head out to the 40 brews after I kill myself from this 21 pilots song kevin is urging us to suicide to.

Been a good first 50.  Here's to the next!

    


    



No comments:

Post a Comment