Playlist

http://pl.st/p/23696140811

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Its Friday night.  USA women are up 3-0 against Trinidad and Tobacco.  They are about to go undefeated in their group stage of Olympic qualifying.  They are our best national team and if you don't watch them, you should.  Every game.  DVR it, Watch it live; whatever.

So on to the blog, tonight, Lonnie, John, and Jim are here to add their opinions in and give some perspective.  We have about 10 different beers to rate tonight so we better get going.  We are going to start light and move to the dark as the night progresses.

First off, before we get started, you need to watch this video when the kids aren't around.

https://youtu.be/IrSsjdzlUSw

It is hilarious.  I mean HILARIOUS!  Gotta love St. Louis.

On to the first beer. Lonnie brought a beer with him.

Brewer:  Lienenkugel's
Beer Name:  Big Butt Doppelbock
Beer Style:  Doppelbock
Price:  $7.49 at UGas



Soundtrack Song for this beer:  Doin the butt by EU.  Classic rap

Appearance:  Amber; very clear.  Nice pour.    Great head on the beer and nice foam on top of mine.

Aroma:  Smells like butt; all 4 of us said the same thing.

Mouthfeel:  Smooth, nice carbonation.  Good feel for a light beer.

Taste:  A little malt, John gets a little caramel; its a nice smooth beginner with a slightly German feel to it.  Very accessible for all seasons.  Dark enough for winter; light enough to have by the pool.

Overall Rating:  John throws out a 4; Jim says a 3.5, Lonnie says a 3.5.  I'm saying 3 flat.

On to the next:

This is a test beer from AB that just came out.  It is the Goose Island 4 star pilsner.  I have inside connections at AB as the pic shows.  Can't divulge my source.

Brewer:  Goose Island
Beer Name:  4 Star Pilsner
Beer Style: Duh, pilsner
Price:  I'll let you know when it comes out.



Theme Song:  Detachable Penis by King Missile.  Not sure why.  Just seemed to match the beer.

Apprearance:  Fairly clear; filtered for sure.  Not see through but definitely clearer them most.  Lonnie says dehydrated urine.

Aroma:  Fruity, a nice fresh fruit aroma.  

Mouthfeel:  Slightly bubbly- pretty light though.  Jim says soft with a light-medium body.

Taste:  A very fruity pilsner.  Overall pretty refreshing.  Lonnie and Jim echo the refreshing.  John says slightly bitter.

Overall Rating:  John says 3.0,  Jim says 3.75, Lonnie says 4.0, I'm going 3.5 also for a summer beer.

On to the next!  Goose gave me this one for my birthday.  Thank you Goose.

Brewer: Liefmans
Beer Name: Goudenband
Beer Style:  Belgiun Brown Ale
Price:  ?  Don't know.  Goose got me this for my birthday.



Theme song for this beer:  Losing my Religion by R.E.M.

Appearance:  OK.  I was shocked.  I thought this was a light, Belgiun beer but it is dark.  Like really dark.  It is a Belgium brown ale.  I didn't even know that beer style existed.

Aroma:  Jim says it smells like his grandpa's fruitcake.  Lonnie says sour grapes.  John says

Mouthfeel:  SOUR!

Taste:  Lonnie says he is taking communion.  John says very sour, tart.  Jim says it tastes like a fruity wine.  I think it is such a combination of grapes and plums that it is more wine then beer.  I like Belgiun beer but this is pushing it.  Not bad but a totally acquired taste for sure.

Overall Rating:  Lonnie says 1.0.  Not a fan.  John says 2.75, Jim says 3.0.  I'm not sure I drink enough true Belgiun beer to really rate this.  I wouldn't rate it more then a 2.5 at first taste as it is more wine then beer but I'm not sure my rating is valid due to my inexperience with Belgiun beers.

Next beer:

Brewer:  4 Hands Brewery
Beer Style:  Stout
Beer Name:  Peanut Butter Chocolate Milk Stout
Price:  About $5 for a pint bottle

311:  Beautiful Disaster (Get it?  Peanut- the bassist?  Oh yeah.  We just did that.  Clever...)

Appearance:  Dark, like John's ladies.  Looks like a stout.

Aroma:  Peanut butter.

Mouthfeel:  Finally a stout...  Nice.  this one has some girth.

Taste:  Holy Christmas cookies Batman!  This one is not messing around with the peanut butter.  Good if you like the PB w/o the J.  Like this is PB.  Jim says all around goodness in a bottle.

Overall Rating:  I'm going a 3.0, John says a 4.1, James says a 4.5,  Wow.

Last beer of the night!  (Save the best for the last).

Brewer:  4 Hands
Beer Name:  Horchata Chocolate Milk Stout
Beer Style:  Chocolate Milk Stout
Price:  $8.99 for a pint.

Theme Song:

Appearance:  Dark.  Like a chocolate milk stout.

Aroma:  Where's the sugar toast to go with the cinnamon?  Holy crap.  This is cinnamony plus a little cinnamon.

Mouthfeel:  Not much outside of the obvious cinammon.

Taste:  Well, did I mention its cinammony?

Overall Rating:  I'm going a 1.5.  The only beer from 4 hands I haven't cared for.  Not very good.  Unless you like snorting cinammon like you are Tony Montana.

Until next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment