Playlist

http://pl.st/p/23696140811

Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Night Beer Fights Episode One!!!!

Starting a new tradition on the Big Wallabowski!!! Remember Friday Night Video Fights on MTV? No? Check out this commercial to refresh your memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRSHAP0HNrM

I'm not JJ Jackson or Alan Hunter, but I'm here to host the new Friday night tradition.

Without furthur ado............................................

It's time for the Friday Night Beer Fights! I'm going to pit two beers against each other and see who comes out on top!!! Here is the inaugural edition!

In the Red Corner, Standing at 6 inches tall and weighing in at 12 ounces, we have Founders Brewery Fat Bastard Scotch Ale!!!! This beer really packs a punch. It has an alcohol content of 8.5% and packs a very powerful punch.

In the Blue corner, standing in at 7.5 inches and weighing in at 12 ounces also, we have Schlafly's Scotch Ale! While not capable of the same knock-out punch as the Dirty Bastard, it's smooth moves will knock you out for sure.



Now, on to the Scorecards!

Brewer: Founder’s
Beer Name: Birty Bastard

Style: Scotch Ale

Appearance: Dark red, with a dark brown head after the pour.

Smell: Not as strong as the taste by far. Lacking the caramel aroma I like in my Scotch ale.


Taste: STRONG!!!! This is a one or two bottle maximum beer. I had two of these on New Years and couldn’t drink any more. Most of the scotch ale caramel taste is lost in the high slcohol backlash found in each drink. I imagine someone who likes scotch would enjoy this beer as it has a very distinctive, almost harsh aftertaste.


Mouthfeel: Full, A very good mouthfeel. This is how beer should feel in your mouth. You are definitely not drinking water.


Drinkability: Low. Unless you mix it with soda. Too high in alcohol to drink more then 2 in an evening.


Overall Score (1-5; five being perfect) 3; much too harsh and alcoholy-ey for me. I'm getting old but not that old yet.

Brewer: Schlafly’s
Beer Name: Scotch Ale

Style: Scotch Ale

Appearance: dark reddish, brown, a nice head; lace left on the glass as you drink.

Smell:
Caramelly, beery, lovely, heavenly.


Taste: It’s almost perfection. Perfectly carmeley, spicy, a tad bit of smokiness. Just a perfect mix straight from beer utopia.


Mouthfeel: My only very slight, very picky complaint. I would like just a little more weight to my scotch ale. But, the tradeoff between not feeling like I’m drinking a 12 ounce shot is worth it.


Drinkability: Highly repeatable. This is poured from the beergarden of the Gods. (That’s not Woodsen Terrace Days Corey). I love this stuff.


Overall Score (1-5; five being perfect) 4.95 I could drink this every day of the year. Hot cold, breakfast, lunch, or dinner, with or without cheerios, etc.


And the winner is..................


Schlafly's Scotch Ale in a 2nd round TKO. Not even close. The Schlafly's dominated. Now that I'm off blog work, I have some beer to drink.

1 comment:

  1. NNIIIce! The beer that flows from the garden on top of "the mountains" (close enough to the Gods) is the only beer that flows through the W. T.

    ReplyDelete