Playlist

http://pl.st/p/23696140811

Sunday, February 20, 2011

2011 Oscars

2011 Oscars are near!!!!

I have seen four of the nominated films so far and they have all been good in their own way.

Inception was a mind bending story that demanded your full attention or you would be lost. The acting and cinematography was up to par but nothing exceptional in my opinion. This was a good nominee but a long shot to win in my opinion.

The Social Network was an extremely interesting story of the acebook guy who was (and I guess still is) a gigantic ass. It was amazing to see a common man become a multibillionaire in the span of a few months. A dark horse to win as well. Great story but not the impact of a best picture.

True Grit was fantastic as all Cohen brothers films are. Jeff Bridges was outstanding reprising John Wayne's Rooster Cogburn. As he won last year (deservedly so), I can't see him winning this year as well. Hailee Stanfield should win the best supporting actress as she was outstanding although I haven't seen the other films yet so I suppose that could change.

I also saw Toy STory III and while it was etertaining, it doesn't belong on this list as Up didn't elong last year. It looks like the academy is going to nominate the kids movie of the year each year as lip service to the genre.

I am going to watch Winter's Bone tonight and maybe another nominee if any more are out. More on this subject to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment