Playlist

http://pl.st/p/23696140811

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Game of Thrones Blog Post!!!

So, I have 4 different bottles of Game of Thrones beer from Ommegang brewery in New York.  I was going to drink them during the last season but unfortunately, my Sunday night soccer schedule presented a conflict.  So, since the last 6 to 8 episodes are going to be broadcast in 2 years, I'm going to drink them now and re-read the posts while I watch in 2019.

On to the beer!

Brewer:  Ommegang Brewing Company; NY
Beer Name:  Bend the Knee  (Jon Snow)
Beer Syle:  Golden Ale Brewed w/ Honey
Price:  About $10 at Friar Tuck's.

Aroma:  Belgiuny is all I'm getting.  John concurs.  Nothing else.  No honey, no nothing.

Appearance:  Cloudy and golden.  A very nice pour and a nice beer to look at.  A whole lot of floaties at the bottom of the bottle.  Almost chunky.

Mouthfeel:  Very tingly here.  A lot going on as it passes over the tounge.

Taste:  Slightly hoppy, slightly belgiuny; very balanced and smooth.  John says it tastes like a wheat with the Belgiun flavor.  It gets stronger as it gets toward the bottom.  It is slightly harsh as it ends.

Overall rating:  I'm going 3.0.  John says a 3.75.  Very precise.  Just slightly less than a 3.8 but definitely better than a 3.7.  He has a very refined palate.

Brewer:  Ommegang Brewing Company; NY
Beer Name:  Seven Kingdoms
Beer Style:  Hoppy Wheat Ale
Price:  About $10 at Friar Tucks

Aroma:  Smeels citrusy and fresh.  It reminds me of a dryer sheet before you throw it in.  John says it has a belgiuny smell with more hops.  I'm not sure I smell that but I trust John's snoot.

Appearance:  Very clear and light gold.  Almost looks like Bud Light.  Not quite as clear as Coors Light.  John says its definitely unfiltered as their are chunkies floating around.

Mouthfeel:  Light and smooth.  Very little to do.

Taste:  A little hoppy but not overpowering.  Citrusy, smooth, and a little wheat in between.  John says a little belgiuny and definitely more hoppy then the other one.

Overall rating:  John says it tastes like the first one except its more hoppy.  He says a 3.75 again.  I'm going 4.0.  I think this is really good.  As in buy it for the beer; not the name.  Its delicious.

TWO OR THREE MORE TO COME!  In the words of David Gahan, But Not Tonight...







No comments:

Post a Comment